Sunday, October 16, 2005

Sometimes it's the Simple Things

It was my daughter's first trip to Olney and Claremont. Her first meal at Mike's.

And after an hour of her playing with her cousins in the City Park as I scouted the grounds like the advance scout in a military operation, her first in-person sighting of the famed white squirrels did not look like it was going to happen.

We actually hadn't seen the creatures until we were literally pulling away to drive out of the park, somewhat forlorn at the fruitlessness of our downstate safari. As I shifted into drive, I spotted one out of the corner of my eye. I stopped the car, and for the next fifteen minutes, we followed around two of the albino creatures like we were rodent paparazzi, our stalking not ending until they finally ran back up the trees.

White squirrel existence confirmed by my daughter.

Mission accomplished.

0 Comments:

<< Home