Friday, February 10, 2006

Mail Call

I think that e-mail has created a great channel for more direct communications between elected officials and their constituents. It's fast, easy, informal, etc. And I think that because of that, more constituents are willing to use it to share their thoughts with their elected officials.

Many groups have also used the tool to enable their supporters to contact legislators with boilerplate letters on cetain issues. And while those letters may not have the same personal impact, they are a good way of sensing awareness and support on a piece of legislation.

All of that being said, I just want to send out a big Friday morning thank you to Mr. Steven Biedrom for sending me ONE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED FIFTY-THREE (1,353) copies of the same e-mail message.

I either feel bad for him for this computer glitch (although not as bas as I felt for me having to go through my inbox), or simply awed that his passion about the three-tier liquor distribution system is strong enough that he hit the Send button ONE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED FIFTY-THREE (1,353) times.

It would have been nice if Mr. Biedrom's messages had come from an e-mail address that was accepting replies, so that I could have answered his letter ONE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED FIFTY-THREE (1,353) times.

1 Comments:

At February 10, 2006 at 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe they need a three-tier e-mail distribution system :)

I guess it's reassuring to know that you get and read your own e-mails. (Not that I expected any less)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home