Thursday, February 02, 2006

Serious Stuff

Lately I've been busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest, and have fallen behind in both blogging and keeping up with the news. But here's a story that caught my attention that I didn't see anywhere else if it was even covered by other outlets.

Channel 2's Mike Flannery reports that 3rd Congressional District candidate John Sullivan is intimating that something is amiss in the current Congressman's voting history. From the Channel 2 website:
At the center of the dispute is a series of strange statements by Lipinski regarding whether and how he voted while he lived out of state teaching college.

“Once I moved to Tennessee, I did not vote in Illinois,” Lipinski said on a past “Public Affairs” show hosted by Jeff Berkowitz.

That is not what documents show, however, provided by the Chicago Board of Election.

Commissioners show that somebody cast an absentee ballot in Dan Lipinski's name in five of the six elections conducted between 1998 and 2002.
Go read the rest of it. Since I have zero knowledge about this specific case, I'm not weighing in one way or the other. But it's potentially a pretty serious charge. It will be interesting to see if this story has any legs.

P.S. - Thanks to Eric Zorn, who had the decency to privately point out an egregious verbiage error that I made in this post (since corrected) as opposed to exposing me to public ridicule. It's the U of M kinship in action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home