Sunday, April 02, 2006

Tea Leaves

Two predictions for the price of none today.

First off, despite having some of the best lawyers in the game on both sides, it almost seems like there's been more drama in the George Ryan/Larry Warner trial since the case went to the jury then there was during the case itself.

Piecing together the various snippets of coverage, and assessing where the jury was/is with respect to deliberations, I believe that we are getting very close to the climax of this story, or at least this part of it.

Although I have nothing but downside in venturing a prediction at this point, and without injecting any judgment into this statement (no pun intended), my gut feel is that we will see a verdict within 24-48 hours, and I think that there will be a *** verdict on most counts. (Update - in the earlier version of this post, I set forth what I believe the verdict will be. On reflection, I'm not sure that it's in good form. So, form your own opinions and we'll leave my statement at I think a verdict is swiftly upon us.)

Obviously, I'm out on a limb on this one, but it just feels like this one's just about done.

Predicition number two - Take Florida, giving up the points (point and a half actually). I don't care what UCLA did to LSU, I just don't see them matching up with Florida under the glass.

Odds of me being right on both of the first two picks - probably not great, but we'll see.

1 Comments:

At April 4, 2006 at 12:26 PM, Blogger fedup dem said...

Congratulations on being right on prediction number 2! Let's see if you hit the mark on the Ryan trial as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home