Saturday, September 08, 2007

Carr Wreck

Lloyd Carr that is.

It's a beautiful September Saturday. I met with neighborhood volunteers this morning. I marched in the Von Steuben parade with my family this afternoon.

I look forward to college football season from the day after the last bowl game to the opening day kick-off that Fall. So I came home to watch Michigan redeem themselves after last week's fiasco. (Did we really lose to Appalachian State?)

There is 3:03 left in the first half.

The score is Oregon 32, Michigan 7.

A 50-point win over Notre Dame next week would do little to ease my sorrow. Heck, I can't even hate Notre Dame football with the requisite gusto when my own team is this pathetic.

Worse yet, I will have no enjoyment of college football for at least another year.

I still believe that the talent is there. It's the coaching that's not.

6 Comments:

At September 8, 2007 at 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA HA HA HA Go Illini

 
At September 10, 2007 at 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to have missed ChicagoPAC (though I probably age-out at age 42) -- more notice please?

Carr's wreck is actually good for Michigan -- they've kept him around too long and this season is the perfect oportunity to dump him.

Even I can't defend Blago on this FLAN-lover, but I noticed how quiet all his critics have been. Unwilling to calll Louis Guitierrez for what he is, I suspect.

 
At September 11, 2007 at 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is only one college team I hate more than the Irish and that is the Wolverines. This is gonna be a great season!!!!

 
At September 12, 2007 at 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dad was a UMich Grad (1924) so quite naturlly I was a Wolverine hater as I grew up in Southern California. When the Big Ten and thrashed what is now called the Pac 10 in the Rose Bowl annually (starting in 1949 with Mich thrashing USC 49-0)that only steeled my hatred.

Arrogance was alive and well in Ann Arbor. Until this year. AppState was an aberration, The Ducks putting their webbed feet on the neck of the Wolverines was a happenstance.

Now comes the proof in the pudding a meeting with Notre Dame who is at its nadir as well. Who not to cheer for? What a choice. Go zebras.

 
At September 12, 2007 at 9:20 AM, Blogger Rep. John Fritchey said...

Comments like the ones above have essentially encompassed by last two weeks.

Now the Bears are looking shaky.

The Cubs are poised to fold again.

My sports loyalties are being shaken to the core :(

 
At September 15, 2007 at 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, did today's game bring you any solace? Not exactly a close game. Your post said no matter what the score all has been lost. But Rep, your supposed to be a man of hope (or else all that talk of reform is just a pitch). So, say it ain't so...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home