Sunday, June 08, 2008

Nixed


And the karma bus just keeps chugging along.

According to Sneed:
Sneed hears Governor Blago's top deputy gov, Sheila Nix, just quit. Is this the beginning of an office bailout now that the feds are fine-tuning their gun sights on Gov. Blago? Stay tuned.
At one time, I thought that Sheila seemed nice enough, although I have long questioned the judgment of anybody who willingly chooses to work in this Governor's inner circle.

But I have been repeatedly told that Sheila was part of the brain trust that prepped Carol Ronen for her disastrous Chicago Tonight appearance, and who helped conjure up the Governor's dimwitted and ill-received strategy to try to derail the pay-to-play ban by uttering flat out lies.

Paycheck or no paycheck, the concerted efforts of Sheila, Carol and Rebecca Rausch to aid and abet the Governor's efforts to prevent ethics and campaign finance reform by conjuring up and mindlessly parroting the party lines were inexcusable and emblematic of the legacy that will mark the Blagojevich era.

The Governor's need to surround himself with sycophants unwilling to question the misguided wisdom of his strategies, coupled with individuals all too willing to play that role, have done untold damage not just to the Administration, but more importantly, to our fine state.

While Sheila may be the latest out the door, I think that it's a safe bet that she won't be the last.

6 Comments:

At June 8, 2008 at 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - you really need to get over yourself.

You actually think that those three individuals leaving had anything to do with you?

That's just comical.

Wouldn't the proper thing be to just wish Ms. Nix well in her new journeys?

 
At June 9, 2008 at 12:09 AM, Blogger Rep. John Fritchey said...

JohnR,

Nowhere in my post do I even remotely infer that any of their departures had anything to do with me. Even after rereading my post, I can't fathom where you got that from. I simply relate my experiences with Sheila.

The thrust of the post, (since you seem to have missed it) is that there is an undeniable commonality between the stints of Ronen, Rausch and Nix, and that the trait is one that is widespread in the Administration. It is also a trait that is unhealthy in any type of organization, but even more so in the political arena, for reasons too extensive to go into here.

It just so happens that I am uniquely familiar with their work product as the result of my criticisms of the Governor's fundraising practices, so I decided share my thoughts on the subject. (One of the benefits of having a blog.)

And me wishing her well in her future endeavors (which I do), has nothing to do with me respecting what she did during her tenure with the Governor (which I don't).

Next time John, save us both some time and read my posts twice before commenting.

 
At June 9, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Blogger Yellow Dog Democrat said...

In his book, Good to Great, business guru Jim Collins suggests that one of the keys to success for any organization is a "Not To-Do List."

Here's a Not To-Do List that would have benefited the Blagojevich administration:

Not To-Do's:

1. Surround yourself with synchophants.

2. Take sole credit for EVERYTHING good coming out of Springfield.

3. Deny ANY responsibility for ANYYTHING bad happening in Springfield.

4. Issue public ultimatums before you've even had a private conversation.

5. Believe politics is a game of DIVISION, not ADDITION.

 
At June 10, 2008 at 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At June 10, 2008 at 7:35 PM, Blogger Rep. John Fritchey said...

AA,

I'll repost your comment but you have to change #9. Objectively speaking, it's a little much.

 
At June 13, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey John -- caught you on WIND today while Bill Press was on a commercial break. I dunno -- maybe your constituents are clamoring for impeachment, but everyone I know wants to leave this to Fitzgerald. Let him put Blago in prison, but Mike Madigan has far, Far, FAR too much self-interest (both for himself and his goal of making his daughter governor) for the House to do anything on this. (See Rich Miller's piece in the Sun-Times).

Also, maybe nobody is clammoring for a capital spending bill, but it's that lack of clammoring which is a big part of the reason our infrastructure is so bad. After this pothole season and with energy prices so high, I can't think of something much more important to the longterm health of the state than revisiting road construction.

My suggestion: pass a recall law that applies to *future* office holders (though please don't limit it to the governor). That would show far more good faith.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home