Tuesday, September 23, 2008

More Con Con

For those who are interested in hearing more about the issue of a Consitutional Convention, I will be appearing on a panel hosted by the Chicago Republican Women's Network.

The event will take place TONIGHT, at 6:00p.m. at English, 444 North LaSalle Street.

The other members of the panel include Jeff Mays, President of the Illinois Business Roundtable Bruno Behrend, host of the Extreme Wisdom Radio Show; and Dan Proft or Urquhart Media LLC.

This is a very different panel then the ones that I've been doing (Quinn, Netsch, etc.), so it should make for an interesting conversation.

2 Comments:

At September 30, 2008 at 5:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure I missed this, but are you pro-convention or against?

I'm undecided, but leaning-against. I know any amendments have to be "ratified by the voters" but imagine a federal constitutional convention during the war on terror: the Bill of Rights would be changed to allow torture but ban "hate speech" and flag-burning. It's also not a real calm time economically speaking. But goodness knows there's not a prayer that the state legislature will stop the worst offenses against democracy (gerrymandering -- a direct attack on voters, and the legal bribing of judges by attorneys I've discussed) on their own...

 
At September 30, 2008 at 10:07 PM, Blogger Rep. John Fritchey said...

I'm very much pro. If you're interested, I'm speaking on another panel on the issue with Lt. Gov Quinn; Doug Whitley from the Illinois Chamber; and a Kathryn Nesberg from the League of Women Voters, on October 20th at 7:00p.m. at the Lincoln-Belmont Library.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home