Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sigh

They win 97 games and dominate their division. They send 8 players to the All-Star game.

But once again, I swore that I wouldn't get sucked in. In fact, this year I waited until the regular season was almost finished before letting myself believe, then convincing myself, that this really was the year.

And once again, I get sucker-punched by previously unforeseen levels of futility. (Hey Alfonso, nice .074 postseason average.) I mean, it would be hard to go 100 YEARS without winning the Series if you tried. That's the year that Butch and Sundance got killed in Bolivia, for chrissakes.

They came out flat in Game 1, and had progressively less enthusiasm every subsequent inning. They are only the second team EVER to have the best regular season record in baseball only to get swept in the first round of the playoffs. My baseball balloon has been popped once again.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home